Interventional Radiology has formal consulting service to provide clinicians with all aspects of interventional management. Interventionalists are available around the clock for consultation, rounds, and scheduling/admissions where appropriate.
Meet our team
How to use the Interventional Consulting Service
- Urgent Interventional Radiology consult can be obtained by paging IR (pager 38011) through main hospital paging system at 617-632-7243 with 24/7 coverage.
- For non-emergent Interventional Radiology consults or referrals please contact Maxima Baudissin at 617-754-2523, email@example.com and we will contact you shortly to discuss
- The Interventional Radiolgist will provide consultation at bedside for inpatients or in our clinic for outpatients. We will discuss the problem and if studies/procedures are needed, will schedule the procedures and follow-up with the results to make a final disposition. We will work with you to coordinate medical/surgical consultations as needed.
- If the patient needs to be admitted for an interventional procedure we will admit the patient through the outpatient Day Care Unit. If full hospitalization is required, we will admit the patient to the Hospitalist service at BIDMC or to your own service as you desire.
- We will follow the patient in the hospital and get appropriate medical/surgical consultation as needed. Upon discharge, the patient will remain under your care but we will schedule follow-up visits with the patient regarding interventional procedures that were performed by our service.