Chief, Cardiovascular & Interventional Radiology
Director, Vascular & Interventional Radiology Fellowship Program, BIDMC
Clinical Associate Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Barry A. Sacks, MD has joined the Department of Radiology at BIDMC as Chief of the Division of Interventional Radiology. He has served as Chief of Vascular Radiology at Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA and Chief of Radiology at MetroWest Medical Center, Framingham, MA. To date, Dr. Sacks holds nearly 20 patents on interventional catheters and other medical devices.
Dr. Sacks holds a certificate of added qualifications (CAQ) in interventional radiology and specializes in non-surgical treatment of pancreatic and thyroid diseases, needle biopsies, and cryotherapy for primary and secondary malignancies. His research interests include the continued development of new minimally invasive devices for application in interventional radiology.
University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Post Graduate Training
- Intern, Internal Medicine, Baragwanath Hospital
- Intern, Surgery, General Hospital
- Intern, Ob-Gyn, Coronation Hospital
- Intern, Pediatrics, Baragwanath Hospital
- Resident, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA (Chief Resident 1976-77)
- Fellow, Interventional Radiology, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA
- American Board of Radiology (ABR)
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Interventional Radiology, ABR