Volunteers are one of Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham's most vital resources. We offer a wide range of volunteer opportunities, which are listed below.
- Glover Café - Customer service at its best. Volunteers take customers' orders, learn the cash register, and work in a friendly, fast-paced environment.
- Gift Box - Volunteers are responsible for the day-to-day operations in retail sales while interacting with a wide variety of customers from inside as well as outside the hospital.
- Patient Escorts - Transporting inpatients as well as outpatients to their designated appointments. Additionally, the volunteers work closely with the staff on non-patient-related errands.
- Greeters - Volunteers are placed in high traffic areas to help visitors find their way through the hospital. A greeter holds an important position as a representative of the hospital.
Volunteers must be at least 15 years of age and must be able to commit a total of forty hours over the course of their volunteer service. For example, a person could volunteer four hours per week over a ten week period.
The benefits of being a volunteer are many, and they include:
- A free lunch in the Glover Café (with a monetary limit)
- Free parking during volunteer hours
- Invitation to our Annual Volunteer Recognition Reception
- Reference letters to enhance college or work applications
- A great place to make new friends and have new experiences in an environment filled with camaraderie and respect.
Over 100 volunteers currently donate an astonishing amount of service hours to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham.
If you are interested in joining our team and would like to learn more about volunteer opportunities or to schedule an interview, please contact Kim Hinden, Director of Volunteer Services at 781-453-5499 firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to hear from you soon!