Information on Appointments and Insurance Referrals
Scheduling appointments: To schedule a Physical or Occupational Therapy appointment, please call (781) 528-2510.
Check in: Stop at the Shared Services check-in desk. Please arrive 10 minutes early for you first appointment to fill out a health status questionnaire.
Location: First floor, turn right of the main reception desk.
Hours of Operation: Phones answered 8am-5:30pm M-F,
PT appointments: M-Th 7am-7pm, F 7am-3:30pm
OT appointments: M 9:30am-2pm, T 8:30am-1:30pm, W 7am-5pm,
What to wear (or bring to change into):
• Patients with back or lower extremity problems should bring shorts or loose fitting sweat pants.
• Patients with neck or shoulder problems should bring a tank top or sports bra or can change into a hospital gown
Need to bring:
• Physician prescription/order for therapy - if the order is not entered into the BIDMC computer system by your physician, a written order will be required from the referring provider.
• If one was not given to you at the time of your MD appointment, the doctor's office can fax it directly to the department at (781) 528-2570.
• A current medication list to provide for your therapist.
• Please call your PCP prior to your visit to determine if they need to submit a referral for therapy. There are many insurance plans and authorization requirements vary from plan to plan.
• Our managed care coordinator will confirm your authorization and benefits with a reminder call two days prior to you first appointment.
• If authorization is required by your insurance and we have not received it by the time of your appointment, you will need to sign a waiver that guarantees payment.
• Copayment for PT and OT is collected when you check-in for your appointment.
• Cash, check, and all major credit cards are accepted forms of payment.