Lars C. Richardson, MD
Specializes in Sports Medicine, Arthroscopic Surgery, and Fractures
Dr. Richardson is an orthopedic surgeon at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center who completed fellowship training in sports medicine, orthopedic trauma, and foot and ankle surgery. He specializes in sports medicine. His expertise includes arthroscopic surgery, fracture care, and tendon repair.
Dr. Richardson commonly cares for rotator cuff tears, labral tears, shoulder dislocations, fractures, ACL tears, meniscus tears, cartilage repair, Achilles tendon ruptures, and ankle arthroscopy.
His office is located at 1101 Beacon Street, Suite 5W, Brookline, MA 02446.
Education and Training
Dr. Richardson graduated from Harvard College with honors in 1991. He went to medical school at Columbia University's College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York City. He completed his residency at the Harvard Combined Orthopedic Residency Program, and did his fellowship training in Sports Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr. Richardson also served as Chief Resident of the West Trauma Service of MGH.
Dr. Richardson has also completed fellowship training at Brigham and Women's Hospital in foot and ankle surgery, and at MGH in sports medicine and orthopedic trauma.
Professional Appointments and Affiliations
- Boston Bruins, assistant orthopedic surgeon
- Harvard Department of Athletics, orthopedic surgeon
- Harvard Rugby Football Club, orthopedic surgeon
- Harvard Business School Rugby Football Club, orthopedic surgeon
- Wheelock College, orthopedic surgeon with head team physician
- Simmons College, head team physician
- Wentworth Institute of Technology, orthopedic surgeon
To learn more about Lars C. Richardson, MD,