Neurointervention/Endovascular Neurosurgery Clinic
Staffed by interventional neuroradiologists, radiologists and technologists, the Neurointervention/Endovascular Neurosurgery Clinic offers a wide variety of minimally invasive procedures and innovative techniques. The medical center has a regional/national reputation for performing neurointerventional procedures. The overall perspective for neurointervention is that the patient be able to achieve a more rapid recovery with minimal discomfort and decreased risk.
Minimally Invasive CNS-Based Procedures
This clinic performs a full variety of minimally invasive CNS-based vascular and musculoskeletal procedures.
Vascular procedures include:
- Emergency stroke therapy
- Intracranial angioplasty
- Extracranial angioplasty
- Carotid and vertebral artery stenting
- Aneurysm coil occlusion
- Embolization for bleeding
- Treatment of vasospasm
- Embolization of tumors or vascular lesions
- Intra-arterial chemotherapy for brain and head and neck tumors
- Temporary test occlusion of vessels
- Permanent vascular occlusion
- Baseline carotid/cerebral angiogram.
Musculoskeletal procedures include:
- Vertebroplasty/balloon-assisted kyphoplasty for compression fractures
- Intradiscal nucleoplasty for herniated discs