How to Make an Appointment for a Consultation
To make an appointment for a consultation at the Traumatic Brain Injury Program, please call 617-667-4824.
• Contact your insurance company to check on their referral requirements. Depending on your plan, referral from an emergency unit or trauma service may not suffice. They may require a referral from your primary care physician.
• If you have been seen at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for traumatic brain injury, the Traumatic Brain Injury Program team can access and review those records.
• If you were hospitalized or evaluated outside of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, it will be helpful for you to obtain and bring to your appointment your discharge summary and copies of CT or MRI scans, if available. If you have had additional outpatient evaluations at other hospitals or clinics, those records and copies of any CT or MRI studies -from your first emergency room visit right up to the time of your evaluation with us -may also help us better understand your injury.
• If the injury occurred as a result of an accident and you anticipate payment through liability insurance or workman's compensation, you must arrange confirmation of this payment prior to the appointment.
• If there are or may be legal issues related to your injury, we strongly recommend that you confer with your attorney before your visit with us. We may be able to provide full forensic and liability record reviews and examinations, but only if we consult with your attorney or insurer prior to your visit.