Learning Disabilities and ADHD Clinic
Have you always wondered whether you have an undiagnosed attention deficit disorder or learning disability?
Evaluation and Treatment
The evaluation and treatment of learning and attention problems can be of great benefit throughout a person's life. Rather than "growing out of it," many individuals find that these difficulties persist in adulthood, with implications for functioning at work, in academic settings, and in relationships. In some cases, other medical issues accompany the attention deficit disorder and make the symptoms worse.
If, as an adult, you continue to struggle with difficulties associated with reading, attention, focus, following directions and organization, the Learning Disability and Attention Deficit Disorder Clinic, part of the Cognitive Neurology and Memory Disorders Program at BIDMC, can help address the problem. We offer neurological and neuropsychological evaluation as well as pharmacological treatment and cognitive remediation.
Our areas of expertise include:
Our services include:
- Comprehensive, objective measurement of neurocognitive strengths and weaknesses through neuropsychological testing
- Documentation necessary for obtaining academic accommodations (e.g., extended time)
- Neurological evaluation, including medication assessment and screening for the presence of other medical conditions
- Consultation for concurrent difficulties with mood (e.g.,
- Treatment including medication, coaching, cognitive remediation, academic and career planning, and individual psychotherapy