Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center's Thyroid and Parathyroid Center is a specialized unit where patients can receive diagnosis and comprehensive treatment of thyroid and parathyroid conditions, such as:
- Thyroid nodules
- Adrenal conditions
Patients can be treated at our Thyroid Nodule Clinics in Boston and Needham.
The Center is comprised of a multidisciplinary team of endocrinologists, radiologists, pathologists and surgeons. This approach uses the expertise of many of the best specialists involved in the care of patients with thyroid diseases.
Meet All the Medical Needs of Patients
The team works together to meet all the medical needs of the patient including:
- Patient history evaluation
- Physical exam
- Laboratory tests
- Thyroid/parathyroid scans
- Thyroid ultrasounds
- Fine needle aspiration
- Any surgical procedures that may be necessary
Schedule an Appointment
- If you are a patient and would like to schedule an appointment at the Thyroid and Parathyroid Center, please call 617-667-9344 or click here .
- If you are a physician and require a consultation or referral, please call the Doctor-to-Doctor line at 877-800-3598 between 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Physicians may also page the medical director, Dr. Pamela Harzband.
Collaboration with Referring Physicians
Through the continuing collaboration with referring doctors, the Thyroid/ Parathyroid Team follows patients through all stages of their disease. Physicians, surgeons and staff provide ongoing communication regarding patient status through letters, personal phone calls and e-mail. By providing timely feedback to referring doctors and expediting the return of patients to their primary care physician, we can resolve thyroid issues more efficiently.