Endocrinology Grand Rounds
Upcoming Grand Rounds
(All lectures are Fridays from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. in the Shapiro Clinical Center - Leventhal Conference Room, 2nd Floor, unless otherwise noted)
June 12, 2015 - Senior Fellow Presentation
- Speaker: David Baidal, MD & Giulio Romeo, MD
- Institution: BIDMC/Joslin
- Title: "Xanthine oxidase inhibitors beyond gout treatment:DAMPening effects on insulin resistance" (Romeo); AND "The Urinary C-Peptide Creatinine Ratio: A Noninvasive tool for monitoring β-Cell Function in New Onset Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus." (Baidal)
June 19, 2015 -
- Speaker: Anand Vaidya, MD, MMSc
- Institution: Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Title: “The Renaissance in Pheochromocytoma- Paraganglioma Genetics”
Upon completion of this conference series, participants will be able to:
- Outline the current research developments in Diabetes, Obesity, Metabolism, Bone, Thyroid and other Endocrine disorders;
- Analyze clinical research developments as they relate to current Endocrinology practice issues;
- Outline the recommendations given by recent clinical practice guidelines; and
- Apply the lessons learned from clinical update and clinical practice guidelines to future clinical practice.
The Harvard Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Harvard Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.