Endocrinology Grand Rounds
Upcoming Grand Rounds
(All lectures are Fridays from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. in the Shapiro Clinical Center - Leventhal Conference Room, 2nd Floor, unless otherwise noted)
June 7, 2013
- Speaker: Fellow Lectures: Brian O'Neill, MD, PhD & Bhavik Shah, PhD
- Institution: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Title: O'Neill: "Roles of Insulin and IGF-1 Receptor Signaling in Skeletal Muscle Growth and Development of Type 2 Diabetes"
Shah: "Afferent Control of Hunger: Dissecting Feeding Circuits Employing Novel Genetic Tools"
Upon completion of this conference series, participants will be able to:
- Outline the current research developments in Diabetes, Obesity, Metabolism, Bone, Thyroid and other Endocrine disorders;
- Analyze clinical research developments as they relate to current Endocrinology practice issues;
- Outline the recommendations given by recent clinical practice guidelines; and
- Apply the lessons learned from clinical update and clinical practice guidelines to future clinical practice.
The Harvard Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Harvard Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit TM.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.