J. Peter Oettgen, MD
Multidisciplinary Outpatient Prevention Program
Established in 1989, the Lipid Clinic is a multidisciplinary outpatient prevention program.
- Assessment of overall cardiovascular risk
- Lowering risk through a combination of lifestyle changes, including diet and exercise
- Prescribing and monitoring medications when appropriate
Team of Physicians
Patients are evaluated by a team consisting of physicians who specialize in preventive cardiology, a cardiovascular nurse, and a registered nutritionist. The team identifies traditional risk factors and assesses the need for non-invasive testing to determine the presence of coronary heart disease.
Treatment focuses on:
- Reducing the risk of developing cardiovascular disease
- Diagnosing and managing lipid disorders
- For patients with established coronary heart disease, lowering their risk of future cardiovascular events
Patients with severe hypertension are also evaluated, treated, and are followed with ambulatory blood pressure monitoring devices.