Programs and Services
Advanced Cardiac Services and Technology
At the CardioVascular Institute, a highly qualified team of physicians, nurses and clinical staff offer the most advanced cardiac services and technology available.
Comprehensive care including preventative, diagnostic, medical and interventional therapies are available for all cardiac conditions.
Variety of Cardiac Conditions Treated
Through inpatient and outpatient treatments, our physicians manage a variety of heart conditions, including:
Multidisciplinary Expertise, World-Renowned Staff
Our physicians and nurses have strong working relationships and collaborate closely with specialists in cardiac and vascular surgery to provide top-notch, comprehensive care for patients who may require surgical intervention.
All of our cardiologists are board certified and are on the faculty of Harvard Medical School. With outcomes among the best in the nation and top scores in patient satisfaction, our cardiology staff is passionate about delivering unsurpassed heart care.
Cutting Edge Technology and Treatment
The CVI is at the forefront of medical and surgical treatments for cardiovascular disease. Innovative and distinguishing features of our cardiology program include:
- Boston's first and only flat-panel, all-digital catheterization suites, where our patients undergo interventional heart care treatments, such as angioplasty and stenting - procedures that open narrowed or blocked arteries in the heart.
- Two leading edge electrophysiology laboratories with 3-D navigation capabilities and a sterile environment for device implantation to treat arrhythmias.
- The Cardiac Magnetic Resonance (MR) Center, which was one of the first MR Centers to specifically focus on cardiovascular imaging.
- A full complement of outpatient clinics including unique programs such as our arrhythmia clinic, atrial fibrillation clinics and our diabetic heart care program for patients, which is coordinated in partnership with Joslin Clinic.
- Research laboratories among the top-funded by the National Institutes of Health, where we are pursuing the future of heart care.
Regular Communication with Patients and PCP's
At the CVI, we feel it is important to keep you informed. Our cardiology staff regularly communicates with you and your primary care physician or referring specialist, keeping him or her abreast of your condition, treatment plan and progress.