Make an Appointment
To make an appointment with a CardioVascular Institute cardiologist in the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, call 617-667-8800.
- Receptionists are available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday.
- Emergency visits will be accommodated based on need and availability.
- Non-emergency appointments are available within a week.
We appreciate your trust and look forward to providing your care.
Request an Appointment
|The following "Request an Appointment" form is NOT for urgent appointment requests. Your request will be sent to a Cardiovascular Medicine Call Center representative, who will contact you via phone during our regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) to schedule your appointment.
If you are having a medical emergency and are in need of immediate assistance, please call 911.
I have read and understand the message above. I am a patient and realize a BIDMC Cardiovascular Medicine representative will contact me within 24 hours.
Preparing for Your First Appointment
For your first appointment, it is helpful to bring or to send in advance:
- Copies of medical records and physician notes related to your condition
- Copies of the reports from tests you have undergone, such as exercise stress testing, electrocardiograms, ultrasounds, echocardiograms, cardiac catheterizations, angiograms, CT scans and MRIs
- CDs/DVDs of previous cardiac imaging tests
- Your current treatment plan, including a list of your current medications
- A list of specific questions you want to ask the physician during your visit
You are welcome to bring a family member or friend with you to your appointment for support, to take notes, and to help you remember the information you receive from the doctor.
Getting to Your Appointment
Your first appointment will likely take place in the Outpatient Cardiovascular Medicine Clinic, which is located on the 7th Floor of the Carl J. Shapiro Clinical Center at BIDMC.
Carl J. Shapiro Clinical Center
330 Brookline Avenue, 7th Floor
Boston, MA 02215
The Shapiro Garage is directly connected to the Carl J. Shapiro Clinical Center.
Directions to the Shapiro Clinical Center