CAD & Image Standards, Ver. 3.0
The Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) CAD Standards outline how to produce and deliver as-built construction documents as CAD drawings and PDF Image to the Facilities Department in a way that maximizes the short and long term utility of CAD data and ensures the integrity of our archives.
The standards describe BIDMC's requirements for CAD file format and setup, layer naming and attributes, drawing set organization, and the format and procedure for submitting deliverables.
All contractors and consultants who submit CAD documents to the Facilities Department are required to comply with the CAD Standards.
- BIDMC CAD and Image Standards
- Appendix A: BIDMC Layer State
- Appendix B: CAD Layer List 3.0
- Appendix C: CAD Standards Checklist - This must be completed and submitted with all CAD deliverables per section 5 of the standards.
- Appendix D: Index of Electronic Files - This must be completed and submitted with all CAD deliverables per section 5 of the standards. To have a template emailed to you, email email@example.com.
- BIDMC Layer State Version 3.0 - This layer state file is provided for convenience. It contains all the architectural CAD layers specified in the standards.
- BIDMC pens 2017 - This the latest plot style for black and white and color plotting.
The Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Lighting Standards insure that appropriate levels of task and ambient lighting are provided throughout the medical center in an effective, efficient, and sustainable manner. Emphasis is placed on meeting state and national lighting standards and building codes, and on minimizing the overall lifecycle cost of the lighting system.
All contractors and consultants who specify light fixtures for BIDMC projects are required to comply with the Lighting Standards.
Lock and Key Specifications
The BIDMC Lock and Key Spec provides information on the lock sets and door hardware that is supported by our maintenance department.
The Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Engineering Design Guidelines provide standards for review documents, best practices, and preferred manufacturers. Emphasis is placed on coordination with BIDMC Engineering and Maintenance practices, as a supplement to applicable codes and standards.
All contractors and consultants who specify engineered systems for BIDMC projects are required to comply with the Engineering Design Guidelines.
Typical Wall Section
This detail is to be used for all intertior partitions unless otherwise specified by BIDMC.