Inflammatory Bowel Disease Program
The Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Program in the Digestive Disease Center is one of the largest such specialized practices on the east coast. Our internationally recognized specialists provide multidisciplinary care and second opinions for both newly-diagnosed and complex cases of IBD.
Conditions We Treat
Our experts specialize in treating patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease, including these conditions:
As part of a comprehensive approach to the treatment and management of IBD, patients also have access to expertise from:
- Colorectal surgeons with skills in minimally-invasive surgical techniques to treat the complications of IBD.
- Radiologists who have considerable experience reviewing CT scans, Barium studies and MRIs in patients with complex IBD.
- Pathologists with international reputations in characterizing colitis and distinguishing early cancer changes in the colon.
- Stoma care nurses who provide tailored care for patients with ostomies.
- Nutritionists for patients who require nutritional assessment and management of TPN.
- Advanced Endoscopy, from our colleagues who specialize in advanced techniques such as stent insertion, ERCP and Capsule Endoscopy. All our colonoscopes are equipped with Narrow Band Imaging (NBI) technology, to allow identification of abnormal areas during surveillance colonoscopy.