Fellows Community Grant
To: BIDMC Community
From: Jane Matlaw
Director, Community Relations
Subject: Community Health Fellows Grant Program
BIDMC's Office of Community Relations announces the creation of a new Community Health Fellows Grant Program to support the wonderful volunteer efforts of BIDMC employees and HMFP staff. The program, made possible through the generosity of an anonymous donor, will offer grants of up to $8,000 to community-based organizations in the greater Boston area where BIDMC and HMFP employees volunteer their time.
The goal of the funding is to support the volunteer activities of our employees and HMFP staff while creating or strengthening community programs committed to improving health outcomes in the greater Boston area. For the purposes of this program, greater Boston is defined as the cities and towns inside the Route 128 corridor.
The criteria for participation are as follows:
- Is a BIDMC or HMFP employee;
- Will have a history of supporting the organization's activities;
- Is involved in the community partner's health activities;
- Must submit a midterm progress and final report on the grant.
The Community Partner
- Is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization;
- Has a mission aligned with BIDMC values;
- Is local and community-focused;
- Must provide a letter of support for the application;
- Can only use the funds for project-related costs;
- Cannot use the funds to support existing staff salaries or a salary for the applicant.
Applications are due Monday, June 25, 2012. Awards will be announced and distributed to community organizations in September. Click here to access the application on the BIDMC Portal. For more information, contact Caitlin Partyka, Social Work Intern, Community Relations, at ( firstname.lastname@example.org), or by phone at (7)-7319.
Click here for: Fellows Community Grant Application