BIDHC-Needham Family Medicine
About Our Family Medicine of Needham Practice
BIDHC Family Medicine of Needham offers a comfortable, small family practice setting for pediatrics, adolescent, pre-natal, adult and geriatric care with primary care physicians (PCPs) who are very experienced in diagnosing and treating patients. The general practice is conveniently located near Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham with free parking on-site.
Meet Our Family Medicine of Needham Primary Care Physicians (PCPs)
* Indicates accepting new patients.
Laura Cerroni, NP
Special Services Offered at Our Family Medicine of Needham Location
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
8:30 am - 6:00 pm
8:30 am - 6:00 pm
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
The lab is open daily for any blood drawing. Please note that appointments must be scheduled and that the lab is not a walk-in facility. This family medicine practice offers diagnosis and treatment for pediatrics, adolescent, pre-natal and adult geriatric care. It specializes in teenage and women's health care and prevention. Patients whose first language is not English, seeking to find a doctor who speaks German, will be happy to meet Dr. Bassler.
Helpful Tips for New Patients of BID Family Medicine of Needham
Individuals looking to find a new PCP or doctor of internal medicine in the Needham area are encouraged to contact our medical center. In order to expedite the registration process, please have health insurance information available when you call. If possible please send your medical records prior to your appointment; otherwise bring them with you on your first visit. Partnerships with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Needham and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Milton mean that you will have access to world renowned specialty care when you need a referral.
If you feel you need to see a specialist and have not discussed the referral with your primary care provider (PCP), please first call your PCP, as they may need to see you prior to referring you to the specialist. Please note the following responsibilities are managed in the practice:
- Assistance scheduling appointments
- Radiology prior authorizations
- Behavioral health referrals
- Prescription requests and refills
Please call 617-754-0560 to have your insurance referrals processed for specialty care.
Referral requests for specialty care must be submitted a minimum of seven (7) days prior to your appointment to allow for processing, unless the visit is scheduled within seven days of the appointment.
For continuity of care, and the best coordination of care amongst your providers, your primary care provider will refer you to a Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center specialist. There are important benefits when you see specialists within the Beth Israel Deaconess system:
- Your physicians will have secure access to a shared medical records system.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospitals offer award-winning quality of care and patient safety.
- It enhances opportunities for us to collaborate and coordinate your care among specialists.
- Many patients tell us they receive better care when they see a Beth Israel Deaconess specialist because the communication between the PCP and the specialist is faster and smoother.
- Medical research suggests that patients having care coordinated within an integrated system of care may have better outcomes.
- Many Beth Israel Deaconess specialists are instructors at Harvard Medical School.
Location and Directions to Our Family Medicine of Needham Practice
The BIDHC Family Medicine of Needham primary care center is located at 392 Chestnut Street Needham, MA 02492