About Our Milton/Song Primary Care Practice
The BIDHC Milton - Song Practice provides highly personalized care for patients 30 years of age and older, including geriatric patients. Patients seeking to find a doctor in the Milton area will be pleased to meet Dr. Min Keun Song, a primary care physician (PCP). The BIDHC- Milton/Song community health practice is conveniently located at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton, and is accessible by public transportation and close to major highways (Route 1, Route 93, and Route 95/128).
Meet Our Milton/Song Primary Care Physician (PCPs)
* Indicates accepting new patients.
Special Services Offered at Our Milton/Song Primary Care Location
BIDHC-Milton/Song Practice is open for patient calls Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Dr. Song sees patients on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. The lab is located in the hospital. Walk-ins are welcome Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. and Saturday, 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. with a physician's order. Dr. Song speaks Korean for individuals whose first language is not English. He specializes in geriatric medicine as well as internal medicine.
Helpful Tips for New Patients of BIDHC - Milton/Song
Individuals looking to find a new PCP or doctor of internal medicine who specializes in geriatrics in the Milton area are encouraged to contact our medical center. In order to expedite the registration process, please have health insurance information available when you call. If possible please send your medical records prior to your appointment; otherwise bring them with you on your first visit. Partnerships with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Milton and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Needham mean that you will have access to world renowned specialty care when you need a referral.
If you feel you need to see a specialist and have not discussed the referral with your primary care provider (PCP), please first call your PCP, as they may need to see you prior to referring you to the specialist. Please note the following responsibilities are managed in the practice:
- Assistance scheduling appointments
- Radiology prior authorizations
- Behavioral health referrals
- Prescription requests and refills
Please call 617-754-0560 to have your insurance referrals processed for specialty care.
Referral requests for specialty care must be submitted a minimum of seven (7) days prior to your appointment to allow for processing, unless the visit is scheduled within seven days of the appointment.
For continuity of care, and the best coordination of care amongst your providers, your primary care provider will refer you to a Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center specialist. There are important benefits when you see specialists within the Beth Israel Deaconess system:
- Your physicians will have secure access to a shared medical records system.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospitals offer award-winning quality of care and patient safety.
- It enhances opportunities for us to collaborate and coordinate your care among specialists.
- Many patients tell us they receive better care when they see a Beth Israel Deaconess specialist because the communication between the PCP and the specialist is faster and smoother.
- Medical research suggests that patients having care coordinated within an integrated system of care may have better outcomes.
- Many Beth Israel Deaconess specialists are instructors at Harvard Medical School.
Location and Directions to Our Milton-Song Practice
The BIDHC-Milton/Song Practice is located at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Milton,199 Reedsdale Road, Brooks 2 Milton, MA 02186
View BIDHC in a larger map