About Our Lexington Primary Care Practice
BIDHC-Lexington offers patients looking to find a doctor northwest of Boston a convenient location with a broad array of on-site services. Our general practice is designed to give easy access to Lexington primary care physicians (PCPs) and offers appointments on Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (noon) for the convenience of patients' schedules.
Meet Our Lexington Primary Care Physicians (PCPs)
* Indicates accepting new patients.
Tarryn Holman, NP
Courtney Fawcett, NP
Special Services Offered at Our Lexington Primary Care Location
Patients of the Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Lexington practice can manage their health care any time of day or night using PatientSite on a home computer, tablet or smart phone (no additional app required). PatientSite offers patients a secure, confidential website to view medical records and email physicians.
Find what you need:
- Test results such as laboratory tests, X-rays, and EKGs*
*At the discretion of the physician
- Past visits and upcoming appointments
- Current medications and allergies
- Immunizations and dates
- Patient education links
- Visit summaries
Take the next steps:
- Email your clinicians or their offices
- Request a prescription or referral
- Make choices about appointment reminders
Helpful Tips for New Patients of BIDHC -Lexington
Individuals looking to find a Lexington, Massachusetts doctor or PCP are encouraged to contact the office. Please note that only Dr. Kassamali, Dr. Stjernfeldt, and Dr. Kong are accepting new patients at this time.
If you feel you need to see a specialist and have not discussed the referral with your primary care provider (PCP), please first call your PCP, as they may need to see you prior to referring you to the specialist. Please note the following responsibilities are managed in the practice:
- Assistance scheduling appointments
- Radiology prior authorizations
- Behavioral health referrals
- Prescription requests and refills
Please call 617-754-0550 to have your insurance referrals processed for specialty care. Existing patients may use PatientSite to request specialist referrals or have prescription refills sent.
Referral requests for specialty care must be submitted a minimum of seven (7) days prior to your appointment to allow for processing, unless the visit is scheduled within seven days of the appointment.
For continuity of care, and the best coordination of care amongst your providers, your primary care provider will refer you to a Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center specialist. There are important benefits when you see specialists within the Beth Israel Deaconess system:
- Your physicians will have secure access to a shared medical records system.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospitals offer award-winning quality of care and patient safety.
- It enhances opportunities for us to collaborate and coordinate your care among specialists.
- Many patients tell us they receive better care when they see a Beth Israel Deaconess specialist because the communication between the PCP and the specialist is faster and smoother.
- Medical research suggests that patients having care coordinated within an integrated system of care may have better outcomes.
- Many Beth Israel Deaconess specialists are instructors at Harvard Medical School.
Location and Directions to Our Lexington Primary Care Practice
The BIDHC- Lexington primary care location is at 482 Bedford Street
Lexington, MA 02420. By car, please take Exit 31B off of I-95/Route 128 - Bedford; then enter the "jug handle" and drive past the building in order to take the turn into the parking lot which offers free parking. BIDHC- Lexington is on the second floor.