About Our Brookline-Washington Square Group Primary Care Practice
BIDHC-Washington Square Group, located in Brookline, is a five-physician internal medicine general practice for patients 16 years and older. If you're looking to find a doctor with experience, our Brookline primary care physicians (PCPs) have worked in the community for more than 20 years. Our Brookline primary care practice is highly flexible with scheduling, creating availability in the early morning and late afternoon, as well as occasional Saturday appointments.
Meet Our Brookline-Washington Square Group Primary Care Physicians (PCPs)
* Indicates accepting new patients.
Special Services Offered at Our Brookline-Washington Square Group Primary Care Location
Patients of the Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Washington Square Group practice can manage their health care any time of day or night using PatientSite on a home computer, tablet or smart phone (no additional app required). PatientSite offers patients a secure, confidential website to view medical records and email physicians.
Find what you need:
- Test results such as laboratory tests, X-rays, and EKGs*
*At the discretion of the physician
- Past visits and upcoming appointments
- Current medications and allergies
- Immunizations and dates
- Patient education links
- Visit summaries
Take the next steps:
- Email your clinicians or their offfices
- Request a prescription or referral
- Make choices about appointment reminders
Hours and Lab Information
|8:00 am - 5:30 pm
8:00 am - 5:30 pm
8:00 am - 5:30 pm
8:00 am - 5:30 pm
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Calls are accepted during the lunch hour.
The practice offers lab services for any BIDHC patient on a walk-in basis, Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Helpful Tips for New Patients of BIDHC - Brookline-Washington Square Group
Patients should have insurance information on hand when scheduling appointments at our medical center and adequate time should be set aside during the initial call to have the office staff verify information in the patient registration system.
If you feel you need to see a specialist and have not discussed the referral with your primary care provider (PCP), please first call your PCP, as they may need to see you prior to referring you to the specialist. Please note the following responsibilities are managed in the practice:
- Assistance scheduling appointments
- Radiology prior authorizations
- Behavioral health referrals
- Prescription requests and refills
Please call 617-754-0550 to have your insurance referrals processed for specialty care. Existing patients may use PatientSite to request specialist referrals or have prescription refills sent.
Referral requests for specialty care must be submitted a minimum of three (3) business days prior to your appointment to allow for processing, unless the visit is scheduled within three business days of the appointment.
For continuity of care, and the best coordination of care amongst your providers, your primary care provider will refer you to a Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center specialist. There are important benefits when you see specialists within the Beth Israel Deaconess system:
- Your physicians will have secure access to a shared medical records system.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospitals offer award-winning quality of care and patient safety.
- It enhances opportunities for us to collaborate and coordinate your care among specialists.
- Many patients tell us they receive better care when they see a Beth Israel Deaconess specialist because the communication between the PCP and the specialist is faster and smoother.
- Medical research suggests that patients having care coordinated within an integrated system of care may have better outcomes.
- Most Beth Israel Deaconess specialists are instructors at Harvard Medical School.
Location and Directions to Our Brookline-Washington Square Group Primary Care Practice
637 Washington Street, Suite 100
Brookline, MA 02446
The BIDHC - Brookline-Washington Square Group primary care practice is located near the intersection of Beacon and Washington Streets in Washington Square, on the Green Line ("C" Train). There is ample free parking.
View BIDHC in a larger map