At the Beth Israel Deaconess Transfer Center, specially trained registered nurses are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to coordinate acute inter-facility transfers.
Inpatient to Inpatient Transfers
ED to ED Transfers
Direct admit from physician's office or clinic
When calling the Transfer Center, the following information will be requested:
- Referring hospital name and phone
- Referring physician name and contact numbers
- Patient name, age, diagnosis, and type of specialty care or service requested
- Clinical status of the patient
- BIDMC attending physician or designee will determine the patient's transfer status.
- The patient's transfer plan will be determined at the conclusion of the three-way call between the referring and BIDMC providers, and the Transfer Center nurse.
- The Transfer Center nurse will facilitate all components of the patient's urgent/emergent admission process.
- Regular updates will be provided by the Transfer Center nurse at pre-designated intervals and upon request.