Bridget Quinn, MD
Specializes in Sports Injuries
Dr. Bridget J. Quinn is a primary care sports medicine and emergency medicine physician at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) who specializes in sports injuries. She evaluates and treats all sports injuries and has specific interest in dance medicine and the female athlete.
She commonly cares for:
- Stress fractures
- Ligament injuries
- Muscle sprains and strains
- The female athlete
She only sees patients at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.
Education and Training
Dr. Quinn graduated from the University of Vermont and University of Vermont College of Medicine. She completed her emergency medicine residency at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia and her primary care sports medicine fellowship at Children's Hospital Boston under Dr. Lyle J. Micheli and Dr. Pierre D'Hemecourt. During residency she provided medical support to the Peachtree Road Race and the Tour de Georgia. During fellowship she worked closely with the Boston Ballet, was team physician for Northeastern University's women's hockey team and provided medical support to local events including the Boston Marathon and half marathon, the Celebrity Dance Series, U.S. Figure Skating Eastern Sectional Championship, U.S.A. Track and Field Indoor Championship and ECAC Division I Women's Indoor Track and Field Championship.
Professional Appointments and Affiliations
- Attending Primary Care Sports/Musculoskeletal Medicine Physician, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Attending Emergency Medicine Physician, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Attending Primary Care Sports Medicine Physician, Children's Hospital Boston
- Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School
- Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
- Board Certified in Primary Care Sports Medicine
- Member of the International Association for Dance Medicine Science
- Member of the American College of Sports Medicine
- Member of the American College of Emergency Physicians
Research Focus and Award
Dr. Quinn's research focuses on understanding risk factors for injury in dance. She is also a member of Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society.
Dr. Quinn has given lectures at conferences for the American College of Sports Medicine, New England chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine, the Boston Marathon and at the 2009 Marino Lecture on Dance Medicine.
During the pre-game ceremony on June 11, 2010, Dr. Quinn was recognized by the Red Sox as a "Medical All Star" for being an outstanding member of the medical community.
In the Media
- Boston Magazine: Winter Workouts: Prepare Before Sporting Skis, Skates (01/26/12)
- National Public Radio (NPR): Got Knee Pain? Maybe The Answer Is More Exercise (04/25/11)
- Encyclopedia of Sports Medicine (Lyle J. Micheli, MD, Editor): Rib Injuries in the Athlete & Infectious Disease in the Athlete (2011)
- Feis America Magazine: Keeping a Step Ahead of Asthma (07/10)
- Dance Magazine: Your Body - Deep Breaths (02/10)
- CBS Boston: Lifting Weights: What Every Woman Should Do
Dr. Bridget Quinn was featured in a video about women and sports injuries. Watch video >>
To learn more about Bridget J. Quinn, MD, click here.