Tamara D. Rozental, MD
Specializes in Hand, Wrist and Elbow Injuries
Dr. Tamara Rozental is a board certified orthopedic surgeon at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) who specializes in disorders of the hand, wrist and elbow. She evaluates and treats all upper extremity injuries and chronic conditions.
She commonly cares for:
- Fractures and Dislocations
- Nerve Compression syndromes
- Ligament injuries
- Tendon Ruptures
- Post-traumatic reconstruction
Dr. Rozental has offices at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Milton and Needham.
Education and Training
She is a graduate of Bryn Mawr College and was valedictorian at Cornell University Medical School. She performed her orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of Pennsylvania. Following residency, Dr. Rozental completed a hand and upper extremity fellowship at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston.
Dr Rozental has won numerous awards from the American Society for Surgery of the Hand. She was also recently selected as a leadership fellow for the Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Her research focuses on fragility fractures of the upper extremity and received funding from several prestigious national foundations.
Professional Appointments and Affiliations
- Attending Orthopedics Surgeon at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Associate Professor at Harvard Medical School
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Certified by the American Board of Orthopedics Surgery
- Director of the Hand Surgery Residency Rotation at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Leadership Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Young Leader of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Fellowship Director for BIDMC/Harvard Hand Surgery Fellowship
Research Focus and Awards
Dr. Rozental's research focus includes fragility fractures of the upper extremity and bone health improvement programs. She has extensive research experience and has earned multiple accolades from the American Society for Surgery of the Hand and American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. She serves as an Associate Editor for the Journal of Hand Surgery.
She has presented at numerous national and international meetings. Dr. Rozental’s scientific articles have been published in journals such as the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, the Journal of Hand Surgery and Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. She has received research funding from the American Society of Surgery of the Hand and the Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation.
In the Media
From BIDMC website
Dr. Rozental's profile on Find-A-Doctor