Here at BIDMC, we encourage parents to learn as much as possible about pregnancy, childbirth and infant care by taking classes offered by our own BIDMC nurses, who are certified childbirth educators and certified lactation consultants.
Our classes are designed to help you gain the tools to put to use with your changing family. Our classes are open to all including those not delivering at BIDMC.
- All-inclusive Childbirth & Infant Care class with optional Infant CPR
- Childbirth Education class
- Infant Care class with optional Infant CPR
- Infant CPR & Safety
- Preparing for your Cesarean Section
- Vaginal Birth after Cesarean
- Returning to work & breastfeeding
- Refresher Childbirth class
- Sibling class
- Prenatal Yoga (BIDMC & Chestnut Hill)
- Advanced Comfort Measures
- Your Hospital Stay
If you have financial questions or concerns about any of the classes, please call us directly at 617-667-4201 or email@example.com
Class Locations - BIDMC East Campus
- Shapiro 247 Conference Room, located on the 2nd floor bridge of the Carl J. Shapiro Building.
- Leventhal Board Room, located on the 2nd floor of the Carl J. Shapiro Building.
- Rabkin Board Room, located on the 10th floor of the Carl J. Shapiro Building.
- Trustman Board Room, located on the 2nd floor of the Stoneman Building - Stoneman 208.
- Kirstein Living Room, located in the basement level of the Kirstein Building.
- Sherman Auditorium, located on the ground level of the Sherman Building.
Breastfeeding Support Group
A complimentary drop-in postpartum support group is offered on Wednesdays from 12 - 1:30 p.m. at BIDMC, 330 Brookline Avenue, Feldberg 6 Solarium, led by an international board certified lactation consultant. Please join us for assistance and support around breastfeeding your baby. The group is free and registration is not required.
- Questions? Contact the Parent Connection at 617-667-BABY.
Please note that groups are NOT being held on the following dates:
- November 22, 2017
- December 27, 2017
Please note: Parking is a separate fee and is not covered in the cost of the childbirth education classes or the stand-alone tours.
East Campus Garage Locations
Tour of Labor & Delivery at BIDMC