Childbirth Education and Tours
Here at BIDMC, we encourage women to learn as much as possible about pregnancy, childbirth and infant care by taking classes offered by our nurses, who are certified childbirth educators and certified lactation consultants.
We recommend taking classes between the 28th and 34th weeks of your pregnancy. It has been our experience that at this point, participants are best able to absorb and retain key concepts, while having adequate time to gather more information and line up postpartum resources.
- All-inclusive Childbirth & Infant Care class (including tour) with optional Infant CPR
- Childbirth Education class & tour
- Infant Care class with optional Infant CPR
- Infant CPR & Safety
- Preparing for your Cesarean Section & tour
- Refresher Childbirth class & tour
- Sibling class
- Prenatal Yoga
- Medical Center tour
If you have financial questions or concerns about any of the classes, please call us directly at 617-667-4201.
Class Locations - BIDMC East Campus
- Shapiro 247 Conference Room, located on the 2nd floor bridge of the Carl J. Shapiro Building.
- Leventhal Board Room, located on the 2nd floor of the Carl J. Shapiro Building.
- Rabkin Board Room, located on the 10th floor of the Carl J. Shapiro Building.
Breastfeeding Support Group - New!
A complimentary drop-in postpartum support group is offered on Wednesdays from 12 - 1:30 p.m. at BIDMC, 330 Brookline Avenue, Feldberg 6 Solarium, led by an international board certified lactation consultant. Please join us for assistance and support around breastfeeding your baby. The group is free and registration is not required.
- Questions? Contact the Parent Connection at 617-667-BABY.
Please note: Parking is a separate fee and is not covered in the cost of the childbirth education classes or the stand-alone tours.
East Campus Garage Locations
Tour of Labor & Delivery at BIDMC