Our Clinical Services
Welcome! We are Obstetrics & Gynecology at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) and invite you to experience our comprehensive women's health services.
At BIDMC, you'll have access to a team of expertly trained doctors and nurses, the latest in technology and state of the art equipment, along with world-class diagnostic and treatment options all in a friendly, comfortable and safe environment. It's the exceptional care you would expect from a Harvard teaching hospital with the warmth and individualized attention to your well-being you will appreciate.
We treat all women through the continuum of their lives. Our services include:
- Clinical Genetics offers comprehensive perinatal genetic counseling regarding risks associated with family history, abnormal tests and screenings, and advanced maternal age.
- Family Planning providing reliable, confidential, and comprehensive health care options for contraceptive and abortion services.
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery/Urogynecology offers a wide range of innovative and successful treatment options for female pelvic floor disorders: from urinary incontinence (losing bladder control) to prolapse (when pelvic organs drop or slip out of place).
- General Gynecology. This includes everything from your annual exam, help with menopause symptoms, pelvic pain, fibroids, or any other gynecologic concern you might have.
- General Obstetrics. You will receive guidance and support throughout your pregnancy. As our patient you can sign up for weekly emails with helpful information for your specific stage of pregnancy. Our labor and delivery and postpartum rooms are all private, well-appointed and comfortable, backed by caring and highly skilled nurses.
- Gynecologic Oncology features innovative therapeutics and advanced surgical procedures that are setting a new standard for the management of gynecologic cancer in Boston.
- Gynecologic Surgery treats and manages benign disorders of the female reproductive tract, from fibroids and ovarian cysts, to endometriosis, bleeding and pelvic pain.
- High-Risk Pregnancies and Prenatal Consults/Maternal-Fetal Medicine provides specialized, collaborative care to women at risk for pregnancy complications.
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery uses innovative treatments that include gentle (less invasive) surgery to perform common gynecologic procedures such as fibroid removal, hysterectomy and permanent birth control.
- Neonatology provides medical oversight for all infants born at BIDMC, and cares for high-risk newborns in the neonatal intensive and intermediate care units.
- Postpartum Support. This includes lactation services and The Parent Connection, a unique postpartum parent-to-parent mentor program.
- Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility offers comprehensive evaluation, advanced treatment and compassionate support for infertility, and menstrual, adrenal and related abnormalities. BIDMC and Boston IVF offer one of the largest IVF programs in the country with a team of specialists to treat all reproductive endocrine issues.
We strive to provide easy access to outstanding healthcare in a supportive and respectful environment. You are our mothers, sisters, and daughters. Welcome to our family.
Hope Ricciotti, M.D.