Rock Steady Boxing
The Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders Center at BIDMC is proud to partner with Rock Steady Boxing to provide this popular, high-energy wellness program. Supported by a grant through the National Parkinson Foundation, participants work with a boxing coach to gain power and strength using a program tailored for those with Parkinson's disease. Participants will receive their own boxing gloves and wraps.
Participants must fit the following criteria:
- Diagnosed with Parkinson's disease
- Are currently exercising (preferably incorporating strength-training exercises into regular workouts)
- Not dependent on a wheelchair or walker
- Able to stand for the duration of the 1.5 hour sessions (breaks included)
- Have not had frequent falls within the past month
The next set of our Rock Steady Boxing classes will begin mid-February 2017. The following classes are available for participants who are able to stand for all or most of the 1.5 hour sessions:
Tuesdays: 1:00PM-2:30PM, February 14th-May 30th, 2017
Thursdays: 11:00AM-12:30PM, February 16th-June 1st, 2017.
Thursdays: 1:00-2:30PM, February 16th-June 1st, 2017.
Registration will open on Monday January 9th, 2017 for new participants. For more information about the Newton classes as well as other RSB programs in the Boston area, please call Lauren Anderson at 617-667-9890.