Center for Advanced Endoscopy
The Center for Advanced Endoscopy is the largest referral practice for endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) in New England, and is the second largest in the nation. Nearly 2,000 ERCPs are performed annually. The center offers a variety of advanced therapeutic endoscopic services.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic ERCP including:
- Management of benign and malignant biliary strictures
- Sphincter of Oddi manometry
- Comprehensive management of chronic and recurrent pancreatitis with pancreatic sphincterotomy, stricture dilation and stent placement
- Difficult ERCPs in patients with post-surgical anatomy
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic ultrasound with fine-needle aspiration
- Advanced therapeutic endoscopy in other gastroenterologic diseases, including metallic stent placement for gastrointestinal malignancies
- Cutting edge endoscopic therapies Barrett's esophagus including BARRx radiofrequency ablation and Cryotherapy
- Comprehensive evaluation of recurrent gastrointestinal bleeding using capsule endoscopy, small bowel enteroscopy and a
- Variety of endoscopic hemostasis methods
- Resection of giant colon polyps with endomucosal resection (EMR) techniques
Patients Appropriate for Referral
Patients with a variety of complex bile duct and pancreatic problems, Barretts esophagus, large colon polyps and others who will benefit from advanced endoscopic and colonoscopic interventions.