2017 Farm to Family CSA Program – Eat Well and Do Good!
Since 2010, our unique workplace Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program has worked to accomplish the following objectives:
- Provide BIDMC and MASCO employees with a convenient location to receive a weekly farm box full of fresh fruit and vegetables during the summer and fall.
- Increase the ability of low-income families in Dorchester to gain affordable access to fresh and local produce through sponsorship of subsidized boxes.
- Support a local farmer’s start-up costs through early investment in farm box shares.
Farm Box Options
- Farm box plus sponsorship: At $450, your cost includes 16 weeks of fresh produce (valued at $22.50 per week) plus a donation of $90 to support the purchase of a farm box by low income families in Dorchester.
- Farm box only: At $360, your cost covers 16 weeks of fresh produce (valued at $22.50 per week). The cost for a farm box may be paid in full or in two installments.
What’s in the box? Visit Ward's Harvest Calendar to get an idea of what to expect each week!
Sponsorships are a core component of the Farm to Family CSA Program and vital to its ongoing success. You can choose to subsidize the cost of a weekly farm box which includes fresh fruits and vegetable for low-income families in Dorchester. Whether or not you purchase a farm box, please consider making a donation:
- $30 will provide a subsidized farm box for 2 weeks
- $60 will provide a subsidized farm box for 1 month
- $90 will provide a subsidized farm box for 6 weeks
- $120 will provide a subsidized farm box for 2 months (half season)
- $240 will provide a subsidized farm box for 4 months (full season)
To sign up for a farm box share or make a donation, please complete this registration form and submit it along with your check or money order payment. Important dates to remember include:
- Monday, March 6– Farm box registration and donation period begins.
- Friday, June 9- Farm box registration deadline. Full farm box payments and second installments are due.
- Friday, Aug. 25– Donations will be accepted through the final Friday in August. We thank you for your thoughtful consideration!
Download the Farm to Family Registration Form to reserve a farm box
and donate today!
Click here to view the Frequently Asked Questions flyer.
Visit Our BIDMC Farm Stand
Every Wednesday from June 21 – Oct. 4, 2017, please be sure to visit the BIDMC farm stand located in the parking lot of the Kirstein building at 330 Brookline Avenue. Ward's Berry Farm will be selling its great variety of fresh, locally grown produce between the hours of noon – 3 p.m.