About Our Newton Centre Primary Care Practice
BIDHC-Newton Centre, a primary care center conveniently located in Newton Centre, next door to the post office, is a general practice office that affords patients the opportunity to receive care in a traditional small-practice setting. A helpful staff is always available to make your visit as warm, comfortable, and efficient as possible.
Meet Our Primary Care Physicians (PCPs)
* Indicates accepting new patients.
Patients of the Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Newton Centre practice can manage their health care any time of day or night using PatientSite on a home computer, tablet or smart phone (no additional app required). PatientSite offers patients a secure, confidential website to view medical records and email physicians.
Find what you need:
- Test results such as laboratory tests, X-rays, and EKGs* *At the discretion of the physician
- Past visits and upcoming appointments
- Current medications and allergies
- Immunizations and dates
- Patient education links
- Visit summaries
Take the next steps:
- Email your clinicians or their offices
- Request a prescription or referral
- Make choices about appointment reminders
Please have medical information and insurance information available before calling our BIDHC-Newton Centre practice.
If you feel you need to see a specialist and have not discussed the referral with your primary care provider (PCP), please first call your PCP, as they may need to see you prior to referring you to the specialist. Please note the following responsibilities are managed in the practice:
- Assistance scheduling appointments
- Radiology prior authorizations
- Behavioral health referrals
- Prescription requests and refills
Please call 617-754-0550 to have your insurance referrals processed for specialty care. Existing patients may use PatientSite to request specialist referrals or have prescription refills sent.
Referral requests for specialty care must be submitted a minimum of seven (7) business days prior to your appointment to allow for processing, unless the visit is scheduled within three business days of the appointment.
For continuity of care, and the best coordination of care amongst your providers, your primary care provider will refer you to a Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center specialist. There are important benefits when you see specialists within the Beth Israel Deaconess system:
- Your physicians will have secure access to a shared medical records system.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospitals offer award-winning quality of care and patient safety.
- It enhances opportunities for us to collaborate and coordinate your care among specialists.
- Many patients tell us they receive better care when they see a Beth Israel Deaconess specialist because the communication between the PCP and the specialist is faster and smoother.
- Medical research suggests that patients having care coordinated within an integrated system of care may have better outcomes.
- Many Beth Israel Deaconess specialists are instructors at Harvard Medical School.
714 Beacon Street
Newton, MA 02459
There is off and on-street parking at this location. BIDHC-Newton Centre is also accessible by public transportation. For Google Directions click here.