BIDHC-Medfield Family Medicine
About Our Family Medicine of Medfield Practice
BIDHC Family Medicine of Medfield offers primary care for the entire family as well as a wide variety of other general practice services. Patients seeking to find a doctor in the Medfield area will enjoy our convenient location and family oriented medical center.
Meet Our Family Medicine of Medfield Physicians (PCPs)
* Indicates accepting new patients.
Special Services Offered at Our Family Medicine of Medfield Location
The BIDHC Family Medicine of Medfield community health center is open Monday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m, Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m and Wednesday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. The practice is unavailable for calls during lunch hour. A patient may call the answering service to have the covering provider paged after hours. Please leave all medical information and a phone number where you can be reached by the on-call primary care physician (PCP). The lab is open daily for blood-drawing. Please note that appointments must be scheduled and that the lab is not a walk-in facility. We also offer insertion and removal of IUDs.
Helpful Tips for New Patients of BID - Family Medicine of Medfield
Individuals looking to find a new PCP or family doctor in the Medfield area are encouraged to contact the office. Please have all insurance information ready at the time of call. Please have your medical records and immunization history forwarded to us prior to your appointment. Please designate your new PCP with your insurance prior to your appointment.
If you feel you need to see a specialist and have not discussed the referral with your primary care provider (PCP), please first call your PCP, as they may need to see you prior to referring you to the specialist. Please note the following responsibilities are managed in the practice:
- Assistance scheduling appointments
- Radiology prior authorizations
- Behavioral health referrals
- Prescription requests and refills
Please call 617-754-0560 to have your insurance referrals processed for specialty care.
Referral requests for specialty care must be submitted a minimum of three (3) business days prior to your appointment to allow for processing, unless the visit is scheduled within three business days of the appointment.
For continuity of care, and the best coordination of care amongst your providers, your primary care provider will refer you to a Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center specialist. There are important benefits when you see specialists within the Beth Israel Deaconess system:
- Your physicians will have secure access to a shared medical records system.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospitals offer award-winning quality of care and patient safety.
- It enhances opportunities for us to collaborate and coordinate your care among specialists.
- Many patients tell us they receive better care when they see a Beth Israel Deaconess specialist because the communication between the PCP and the specialist is faster and smoother.
- Medical research suggests that patients having care coordinated within an integrated system of care may have better outcomes.
- Most Beth Israel Deaconess specialists are instructors at Harvard Medical School.
Location and Directions to Our Family Medicine of Medfield Practice
The BIDHC- Family Medicine of Medfield is conveniently located at 50 North Street
Medfield, MA 02052 near Routes 27 and 109. Our site is located next to the Medfield Post Office.
View BIDHC in a larger map