BIDHC-Chestnut Hill Square
About Our Chestnut Hill Square Primary Care Practice
BIDHC-Chestnut Hill Square internal medicine practice is located within the newly built Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Chestnut Hill medical office building. Staffed with three primary care physicians (PCPs) and one nurse practitioner providing comprehensive care to adult patients, our physicians maintain admitting privileges at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.
BIDHC - Chestnut Hill Square is conveniently located off of Rt. 9, 6.5 miles from route 128 (I-95). At Chestnut Hill Square, life and lifestyle meet, with plenty of free, accessible parking and an array of convenient shops, restaurants and health- and fitness-inspired services.
Meet Our Primary Care Physicians (PCPs)
* Indicates accepting new patients.
Martha Healey, NP*
On-site BIDMC specialties include radiology, a shared lab, orthopedics, sports medicine, physical and occupational therapy and obstetrics and gynecology. Subspecialty clinics in general surgery, gastroenterology, neurology, pulmonary, rheumatology, geriatrics, surgical oncology and several others will also be available to our patients. The BIDHC-Chestnut Hill Square medical office building also contains an urgent care center staffed by Beth Israel Deaconess physicians who are certified in emergency medicine.
Patients of the Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Chestnut Hill Square practice can manage their health care any time of day or night using PatientSite on a home computer, tablet or smart phone (no additional app required). PatientSite offers patients a secure, confidential website to view medical records and email physicians.
Find what you need:
- Test results such as laboratory tests, X-rays, and EKGs*
*At the discretion of the physician
- Past visits and upcoming appointments
- Current medications and allergies
- Immunizations and dates
- Patient education links
- Visit summaries
Take the next steps:
- Email your clinicians or their offices
- Request a prescription or referral
- Make choices about appointment reminders
Hours and Lab Information
|8:30 am - 5:00 pm
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Calls will be accepted during the lunch hour from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. An answering service will page a BIDHC affiliated physician who is on-call throughout the weekend and after hours if urgent care is needed.
Our BIDMC laboratory is open Monday - Friday 11:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. as well as Saturday and Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. and is located on the same floor as the practice. Radiology services are also available on site.
Patients should have insurance information available as well as the name of their previous PCP. A complete medical record including an immunization history will need to be forwarded to the practice.
Please Bring to Your First Appointment:
- Your Health insurance card and copayment (required at every visit)
- One legal form of identification with your picture
- List of all medications (prescription and over-the-counter) that you are taking
- Contact your health plan to select your Primary Care Provider (PCP) prior to your first visit
If you feel you need to see a specialist and have not discussed the referral with your primary care provider (PCP), please first call your PCP, as they may need to see you prior to referring you to the specialist. Please note the following responsibilities are managed in the practice:
- Assistance scheduling appointments
- Radiology prior authorizations
- Behavioral health referrals
- Prescription requests and refills
Please call 617-754-0550 to have your insurance referrals processed for specialty care. Existing patients may use PatientSite to request specialist referrals or have prescription refills sent.
Referral requests for specialty care must be submitted a minimum of seven (7) days prior to your appointment to allow for processing, unless the visit is scheduled within seven days of the appointment.
For continuity of care, and the best coordination of care amongst your providers, your primary care provider will refer you to a Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center specialist. There are important benefits when you see specialists within the Beth Israel Deaconess system:
- Your physicians will have secure access to a shared medical records system.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospitals offer award-winning quality of care and patient safety.
- It enhances opportunities for us to collaborate and coordinate your care among specialists.
- Many patients tell us they receive better care when they see a Beth Israel Deaconess specialist because the communication between the PCP and the specialist is faster and smoother.
- Medical research suggests that patients having care coordinated within an integrated system of care may have better outcomes.
- Many Beth Israel Deaconess specialists are instructors at Harvard Medical School.
The BIDHC - Chestnut Hill Square primary care practice is located at 200 Boylston Street, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467 in the Chestnut Hill Square shopping center on the east-bound side of Route 9. Our office is situated within the Square's rear building above Wegman's and Equinox. We are approximately 6.5 miles from route 95/128. There is free on-site parking.
For Google directions Click Here.
View Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Chestnut Hill Square in a larger map