BIDHC-Brookline Family Medicine - Dr. Yuko McColgan
About Brookline Family Medicine - Dr. Yuko McColgan
Dr. Yuko is accepting new patients, and provides highly individualized care for the whole family, from newborns to seniors, with a special interest in women's health. As a solo practitioner, she is always on call for her patients.
BIDHC - Brookline Family Medicine - Dr. Yuko McColgan is a family practice that provides comprehensive family care in a convenient Brookline location that is fully accessible by public transportation. Patients looking to find a doctor with an interest in women's health can schedule an appointment with Dr. Yuko.
Meet Our Brookline Family Medicine Physician
* Indicates accepting new patients.
Special Services Offered at Brookline Family Medicine - Dr. Yuko McColgan
In addition to family medicine, Dr. Yuko offers gynecology services, including colposcopy, and IUD insertion/removal. Dr.Yuko is bilingual; English and Japanese.
Patients of the Beth Israel Deaconess Family Medicine-Brookline-Dr. Yuko McColgan practice can manage their health care any time of day or night using PatientSite on a home computer, tablet or smart phone (no additional app required). PatientSite offers patients a secure, confidential website to view medical records and email physicians.
Find what you need:
- Test results such as laboratory tests, X-rays, and EKGs* *At the discretion of the physician
- Past visits and upcoming appointments
- Current medications and allergies
- Immunizations and dates
- Patient education links
- Visit summaries
Take the next steps:
- Email your clinicians or their offfices
- Request a prescription or referral
- Make choices about appointment reminders
Office Hours and Lab Information
|8:00 am - 7:00 pm
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
A walk-in lab facility is located on the 6th floor of the building. The lab is open Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Helpful Tips for New Patients of BIDHC - Brookline Family Medicine - Dr. Yuko McColgan
Individuals looking to find a new PCP or doctor of family medicine in the Brookline area are encouraged to call our medical center. In order to expedite the registration process, please have health insurance information available when you call. If possible please send your medical records prior to your appointment; otherwise bring them with you on your first visit. Partnerships with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Milton and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Needham mean that you will have access to world renowned specialty care when you need a referral.
If you feel you need to see a specialist and have not discussed the referral with your primary care provider (PCP), please first call your PCP, as they may need to see you prior to referring you to the specialist. Please note the following responsibilities are managed in the practice:
- Assistance scheduling appointments
- Radiology prior authorizations
- Behavioral health referrals
- Prescription requests and refills
Please call 617-754-0550 to have your insurance referrals processed for specialty care. Existing patients may use PatientSite to request specialist referrals or have prescription refills sent.
Referral requests for specialty care must be submitted a minimum of seven (7) days prior to your appointment to allow for processing, unless the visit is scheduled within seven days of the appointment.
For continuity of care, and the best coordination of care amongst your providers, your primary care provider will refer you to a Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center specialist. There are important benefits when you see specialists within the Beth Israel Deaconess system:
- Your physicians will have secure access to a shared medical records system.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospitals offer award-winning quality of care and patient safety.
- It enhances opportunities for us to collaborate and coordinate your care among specialists.
- Many patients tell us they receive better care when they see a Beth Israel Deaconess specialist because the communication between the PCP and the specialist is faster and smoother.
- Medical research suggests that patients having care coordinated within an integrated system of care may have better outcomes.
- Many Beth Israel Deaconess specialists are instructors at Harvard Medical School.
Location and Directions to Brookline Family Medicine - Dr. Yuko McColgan
The BIDHC Brookline Family Medicine - Dr. Yuko McColgan practice is located at 1180 Beacon Street, Suite 3B, Brookline, MA 02446.