About Our Braintree Primary Care Practice
BIDHC-Braintree is conveniently located near Route 3 and 128/95 and is within walking distance from the Braintree MBTA station. Free parking is available. With physicians who speak fluent Russian and Arabic in addition to English, this culturally diverse practice provides comprehensive primary care to each of their patients. The Braintree primary care office is a practice whose physicians offer individual diagnosis and treatment plans. Dr. Elgeziry’s clinical interests include preventative and geriatric care. Dr. Vedensky’s clinical interests are preventive care, and weight loss management. Dr. Buencamino’s clinical interests are post-menopausal women’s health and osteoporosis therapies. The office also offers DOT physicals.
Meet Our Primary Care Physicians (PCPs)
* Indicates accepting new patients.
Mohamed Elgeziry, MD*
Veronica Vedensky, MD*
Maria Buencamino, MD, NCMP, CCD*
Yan Tan, MD*
If you need medical advice after hours, patients of the BIDHC Braintree practice should call our office and an answering service will page a BIDHC physician who is on call throughout the weekend and after hours if urgent care is needed.
Patients of this practice also have access to BIDHC's After Hours Clinic in Needham which sees patients on weekends for sick visits. For more information about the After Hours Clinic, please speak with your primary care physician.
Helpful Tips for New Patients
Individuals looking to find a new PCP or doctor of internal medicine in the Braintree area are encouraged to contact our medical center. In order to expedite the registration process, please have health insurance information available when you call. If possible, please send your medical records prior to your appointment; otherwise it is helpful if you bring them with you on your first visit. Partnerships with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Milton and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Needham mean that you will have access to world renowned specialty care when you need to be seen by a specialist.
If you feel you need to see a specialist and have not discussed the referral with your primary care provider (PCP), please first call your PCP, as they may need to see you prior to referring you to the specialist. Please note the following responsibilities are managed in the practice:
- Assistance scheduling appointments
- Radiology prior authorizations
- Behavioral health referrals
- Prescription requests and refills
Please call 617-754-0560 to have your insurance referrals processed for specialty care.
Referral requests for specialty care must be submitted a minimum of seven (7) days prior to your appointment to allow for processing, unless the visit is scheduled within seven days of the appointment.
For continuity of care, and the best coordination of care amongst your providers, your primary care provider will refer you to a Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center specialist. There are important benefits when you see specialists within the Beth Israel Deaconess system:
- Your physicians will have secure access to a shared medical records system.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospitals offer award-winning quality of care and patient safety.
- It enhances opportunities for us to collaborate and coordinate your care among specialists.
- Many patients tell us they receive better care when they see a Beth Israel Deaconess specialist because the communication between the PCP and the specialist is faster and smoother.
- Medical research suggests that patients having care coordinated within an integrated system of care may have better outcomes.
- Many Beth Israel Deaconess specialists are instructors at Harvard Medical School.
Location and Directions
The BIDHC - Braintree practice is located at 501 John Mahar Highway, Braintree, MA 02184 and is within walking distance from Braintree Station on the Red Line. BIDHC-Braintree also offers plenty of free parking.
For Google directions Click Here.
View BIDHC-Braintree in a larger map
View Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare
in a larger map