About Our Boston Primary Care Practice
BIDHC-Boston provides the best in comprehensive, individualized primary care for patients eighteen years of age and older in downtown Boston. Patients who are looking for a doctor in Boston will benefit from our centralized general practice location. For patients who live or work in the downtown Boston area, the practice offers easy access to our primary care physicians (PCPs). Many of our patients who live in the suburbs and work in the city find it beneficial to schedule an appointment during their work day and are even able to see one of our Boston internists during their lunch hour. Those who rely on public transportation are able to take advantage of our close proximity to the MBTA.
Meet Our Primary Care Physicians
* Indicates accepting new patients.
Patients of Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Boston can manage their health care any time of day or night using PatientSite on a home computer, tablet or smart phone (no additional app required). PatientSite offers patients a secure, confidential website to view medical records and email physicians.
Find what you need:
- Test results such as laboratory tests, X-rays, and EKGs*
*At the discretion of the physician
- Past visits and upcoming appointments
- Current medications and allergies
- Immunizations and dates
- Patient education links
- Visit summaries
Take the next steps:
- Email your clinicians or their offfices
- Request a prescription or referral
- Make choices about appointment reminders
Hours and Lab Information
|8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 7:00 pm
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Calls made to the Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Boston practice outside of our business hours will be answered by an answering service, and an on-call physician will be paged if necessary.
The lab is open during regular office hours, walk-ins for the lab are welcome with a physician's order for lab work. Please note that the lab is closed during lunch from 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Helpful Tips for New Patients
Individuals looking to find a new doctor or primary care physician in the Boston area are encouraged to contact our office. Patients should have insurance information on hand when scheduling appointments. Please set aside an adequate amount of time to help the office staff verify information in the patient registration system.
If you feel you need to see a specialist and have not discussed the referral with your primary care provider (PCP), please first call your PCP, as they may need to see you prior to referring you to the specialist. Please note the following responsibilities are managed in the practice:
- Assistance scheduling appointments
- Radiology prior authorizations
- Behavioral health referrals
- Prescription requests and refills
Please call 617-754-0550 to have your insurance referrals processed for specialty care. Existing patients may use PatientSite to request specialist referrals or have prescription refills sent.
Referral requests for specialty care must be submitted a minimum of seven (7) days prior to your appointment to allow for processing, unless the visit is scheduled within seven days of the appointment.
For continuity of care, and the best coordination of care amongst your providers, your primary care provider will refer you to a Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center specialist. There are important benefits when you see specialists within the Beth Israel Deaconess system:
- Your physicians will have secure access to a shared medical records system.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospitals offer award-winning quality of care and patient safety.
- It enhances opportunities for us to collaborate and coordinate your care among specialists.
- Many patients tell us they receive better care when they see a Beth Israel Deaconess specialist because the communication between the PCP and the specialist is faster and smoother.
- Medical research suggests that patients having care coordinated within an integrated system of care may have better outcomes.
- Many Beth Israel Deaconess specialists are instructors at Harvard Medical School.
Location and Directions
The BIDHC - Boston primary care practice is located at 294 Washington Street, #219 Boston, MA 02108 in downtown Boston and is steps away from the Orange and Blue line (State Street) and near the Red and Green line.
For Google directions Click Here.