Designed for Cancer Survivors
Going Forward is an innovative
six-week program, specifically designed for
cancer survivors. Participants are provided with the tools necessary to successfully implement a nutrition, exercise, and stress management regimen to improve overall health. Going Forward is led by a registered dietitian and exercise physiologists who will present the most up-to-date, scientifically-based information, and address lifestyle and behavioral changes important for cancer survivors.
Participants will receive two personal training sessions, reference manual, and access to the Tanger Be Well Fitness Center for the duration of the program.
Date and Time
To be announced in the Fall 2011.
- Five interactive seminars
- Two personal training sessions
- Individualized meal plan and exercise program
- A detailed take home manual
- Access to Tanger Be Well facility for the duration of the program
- Importance of weight management for cancer survivors
- Facts on fat and soy products
- Choosing where to shop and what to buy
- Exercising safely after treatment
- Dealing with stress and developing time management skills
- Vitamins, minerals and herbs
- Lowering sodium intake
- Personal achievements and lifelong recovery
For additional information, contact Marlene DaCosta at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-667-4695.