What is a fitness assessment?
A fitness assessment is a series of measurements that help determine your current level of physical fitness. The results can be used to design or modify your exercise program accordingly.
Fitness assessments are
a replacement for a physician's physical.
Why is a fitness assessment important?
There are many
benefits of fitness assessments:
- Identify the major risk factors for coronary heart disease, as well as other health conditions which may be adversely affected by exercise
- Identifying your current level of physical fitness
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses
- Establish a baseline and future benchmark prior to starting an exercise program
- Provides key information that can be used to develop realistic goals and design an exercise program that will help meet your personal needs and achieve your goals
Repeating tests at regular intervals allow you to:
- Track your progress
- Stay motivated and adhere to your exercise program
- Determine whether a training technique or program is meeting your needs and allowing you to achieve your goals
- Modify your exercise program accordingly to ensure safe participation and to maximize health benefits
What are the assessment components?
Fitness assessments test the following areas:
- Cardiovascular fitness
- Muscular Strength
- Muscular Endurance
How much does it cost?
A fitness assessment is $75 and is available to all members.
How do I schedule a fitness assessment?
For more information and to schedule a fitness assessment, contact Marlene DaCosta at
email@example.com or call 617-667-4695.