Single Stream Recycling
With Single Stream Recycling you can put ALL of your recyclables in the same container. The following is a list of items that are ok to include:
- Aluminum food and beverage containers
- Ferrous (Iron) cans
- Glass food and beverage containers - brown, clear, or green
- PET plastic containers with the symbol #1 - with screw tops only, without caps
- HDPE natural plastic containers with the symbol #2 - narrow neck containers only (milk and water bottles)
- HDPE pigmented plastic containers with the symbol #2 - narrow neck containers only, without caps (detergent, shampoo bottles, etc.)
- Plastics with symbols #3, #4, #5, #6, #7-narrow and screw top containers
All plastic containers must be empty, caps removed; less than 5% food debris.
- Old corrugated cardboard
- Cereal boxes
- Telephone books
- Printer paper
- Copier paper
- All other office paper without wax liners
All Fiber must be dry and free of food debris and other contaminating material.
Tissues, paper towels, plastic bags or other paper that has been in contact with food and any material not listed above should be disposed in the regular trash barrels or other appropriate receptacle.