Volunteer Musician Program
(Unfortunately, we are not accepting vocalists at this time)
The Volunteer Musician Program is designed to offer quality live music that supports a relaxing, pleasing, and personal experience for patients, families, and staff at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
What does a Volunteer Musician do?
Volunteer Musicians provide relaxing music to enhance the lobby environments of the Rosenberg, Farr, and Feldberg Buildings, as well as the lobby of the Shapiro Outpatient Center. Volunteers work closely with the Program Supervisor to ensure that high quality service is delivered and that Volunteer Musicians are comfortable playing in a medical center setting.
- Substantial experience as a musician and the ability to perform independently.
- Maturity, as well as sensitivity to the needs of a hospital environment.
- The ability to take direction and respond to feedback on aspects of playing, including feel, volume, and content.
- A friendly, positive and enthusiastic attitude.
To be determined by availability
How to Become a Volunteer Musician at BIDMC
- Contact Alison Blake, Volunteer Musician Program Supervisor (firstname.lastname@example.org) . Please provide:
- Your name
- Contact information ( email and phone)
- A brief statement of interest
- You will receive and then need to submit a simple BIDMC Volunteer Musician application.
- An interview and short audition with the Program Supervisor and Volunteer Musician Program team will be scheduled.