The Tanger Be Well Center encourages a state of total wellness by providing exercise, access to dietitians, mental wellness classes, and relaxation through massage. All members receive:
Membership in our fitness center is on a semi-annual (6 month) basis. It is open to anyone 16 years and older, including medical center employees and their families, patients of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and other patients and employees of the Longwood area community.
BIDMC Employees & Family Members
- Low initiation fee of $50 (waived for BIDMC employees)
- $312/semi-annually ($12 weekly payroll deduction)
- Low initiation fee of $50
- $338/semi-annually (cash, check, charge)
Trial Membership Options
A one-day trial option fee for $12 is available for first-time visitors.
A one-week trial option is also available for first-time visitors:
- No charge for BIDMC employees.
- $25 fee for non-BIDMC employees (applied towards 6-month membership upon sign-up)
- Download our Guest Pass Sign-up form and bring it to the Tanger Be Well Center front desk.
Wellness Center Punch Card Option
Tanger Be Well offers a Wellness Center Punch Card option. Non-members can purchase one of the following options:
- 5-visit card for $35.00 (expires after 90 days)
- 10-visit card for $60.00 (expires after 180 days)
To purchase a punch card, download our Punch Card Application (PDF) and bring it to the Tanger Be Well Center front desk.
For more information, please call 617-667-4695 or email Althea Lawrence.
Applying for Membership
- Complete our application (PDF) and informed consent form (PDF).
- Return your completed application to the Tanger Be Well Center front desk and sign up for a 10-minute orientation.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with one of our exercise physiologists for the initial session of your Individualized Exercise Program (IEP). You can follow up with your physiologist for your six-week evaluation.
I am staying for the summer/ or a few months.
We offer two options:
- Monthly Pass: price depends on client's relationship to BIDMC and the entire cost is paid up front. There is no initiation fee and you will have full access to the center until the membership expires.
- Wellness Punch Cards: purchase a 10-visit card for $60 or a 5-visit card for $35.
I was a member before, do I have to pay initiation again?
Yes, you have to pay the initiation fee again.
I want to discontinue my membership.
Members must fill out a drop form (available at the Tanger Be Well front desk), which is processed at the end of June or December.
I was injured and can no longer use the facility.
We will need a note from your doctor, which can be faxed to 617-975-5175 to the attention of Althea Lawrence or Marlene DaCosta.